"Laboratory of Journalism" and "Laboratory of Art Criticism" (together with the BASE Institute) - new projects of the Foundation for Support of Contemporary Art Winzavod. The goal of the Laboratory of Journalism is to create a sustainable environment for the emergence of new media in the field of contemporary art, design, architecture and fashion. "Laboratory of Art Criticism" is aimed at maintaining and developing a school of aesthetic critical thought in the modern information space of Russia.
"Laboratories" combine professional training and practice, providing participants with the opportunity to communicate directly with experts and the simultaneous refinement of the acquired knowledge. For the publication of materials and support for students, the Contemporary Art Support Fund Winzavod launches a special on-line platform.
The program "Laboratories of Journalism" consists of two main blocks: the first, remote unit, will be held in the format of individual work of participants with experts from the media. Within the second block, a session-intensive session is planned, consisting of a series of workshops from representatives of the media.
The expert council includes leading experts in the field of modern media, art historians, theorists and curators.
1. Acceptance of applications - April 3 - May 1
2. Conducting an interview in Moscow - May 17 - 18
3. Announcement of the list of enrolled - May 17 - 18
The materials sent to open-call are evaluated by experts on general and specific criteria for each direction. All materials must be sent no later than May 1. Incorrectly completed or incomplete applications will be allowed and will not be considered.
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLICANTS "LABORATORY OF JOURNALISM"
1. Citizenship of the Russian Federation and age not less than 19 years
2. Incomplete or higher education in humanitarian or media-related (pr and marketing)
3. Relevant experience in the chosen direction (internship, work, the availability of publications on art, design, architecture and fashion)
4. English language
Priority will be given to applicants
1. Previous professional experience is related to the chosen direction
2. Humanitarian or technical education in the field of media communications (pr and marketing)
3. Active users of social networks
1. CV in Russian and English, containing basic information about the applicant: age, education, contact details, work experience (if available)
2. Portfolio of works: links to articles and videos of the applicant
3. Confirmation of the payment of travel expenses to Moscow back and forth during the passage of the selection
The test task consists of two parts
1. Motivation letter, total volume not exceeding 1800 characters
2. Videos, lasting an average of 1 minute with a short story, why you want to become a member of the Laboratory of Journalism. The video can be shot on any video recorder, including a mobile phone
The selected applicants will have an opportunity to take part in the seminar on May 19, timed to launch the Laboratory of Journalism, within which experts of the laboratory will perform and conduct installation workshops for laboratory assistants.