How to find us
Lease: +7 (495) 803 33 33
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Winzavod center for contemporary art was created on the territory of Moscow’s oldest winemaking factory, former “Moscow Bavaria” brewery.
Its history began in the 19th century, when merchant Frederick Danielson opened a brewery on the territory of Princess Yekaterina Volkonskaya’s estate.
In the 1840s, the factory that was then owned by merchants William Watson and Peter Dreyer was the second largest in Moscow. It was 57,000 rubles worth of beer per year.
In 1855 a famous wealthy merchant Vasily Kokorev bought the estate and factory and in 1870s-1880s it was turned into Moscow Bavaria Joint Stock Company. Brokers Ivan and Kirill Tarusin, owners of the whole Plushchikha Street, owned the company.
In 1889, Travnikov merchants founded Moscow winemaking factory that was making its own products from fruits and berries and bottled grape wines that were imported from Crimea and the Caucasus.
In the Soviet times, the factory expanded its range of wines to 170 titles of ordinary and vintage titles.
At the end of the 20th century, the factory stopped its production. Winzavod Center for Contemporary Art opened on its territory.