A new course dedicated to 30 major artists is available.
The course will take place in person at the School of Collectors and Experts at Vinzavod and online.
Start of classes in the morning group: February 9, 2021 (May 25, 2021).
Start of classes in the evening group: according to enrollment
The course will try to understand why these artists are considered great and what they have been able to change in contemporary culture. We will talk about career stories and learn how the artist's reputation in the media and differs from the original. Each lecture is devoted to a detailed analysis of an author's work in the context of his or her era.
The course includes 15 group lecture-seminar sessions of 3 hours each.
Lessons are held once a week on weekdays from 11:00 till 14:00 or in the evening from 19:00 till 22:00.
After the course a certificate is issued.
The cost of the course: 60 000 rubles.
1. 1. Marcel Duchamp, Salvador Dali and Giorgio de Chirico on the brink of modernism and post-modernism.
Edward Hopper and David Hockney: is it possible to be a conservative in the age of modernism?
3. Jackson Pollock and Alan Kaprow: painting action and the birth of performance art.
4. Jean Tanguly and Nicky de Saint Phalle: the mythology of the twentieth century.
5. Daniel Spoerri, Christo and the "new realism" in France.
6. Andy Warhol, Roy Lichtenstein and Tom Wesselman - American classics between the museum and McDonald's Corporation.
7. Gerhard Richter, Georg Baselitz and German art after World War II.
8. Michelangelo Pistoletto and Janis Kunellis - "arte povera" - "poor" and "rich."
9. Louise Bourgeois and the formation of "women's art."
10. Joseph Kossuth, : "Art after philosophy".
11. Richard Long and Robert Smithson, "Land Art" and Art After Spaceflight.
12. Jeff Koons and Takeshi Murakami - living the pop life.
13. Damien Hirst and other "young British artists": the Kunstkammer, the Natural History Museum and the tradition of English culture.
14. Anish Kapoor and the global art scene of the late twentieth and early twenty-first centuries.
15. Ai Weiwei and the new artistic geography. / Kate Harring and Banksy : "art for all" and the luxury of anonymity.
Sign up online in the "Online Registration" section of the website.
The full course program on the site: School of collectors and experts. (shkolart.ru)
+7 (499) 550-21-39 / +7 (916) 100-43-53